Scaffolding accidents are quite common but they can be prevented. Notably, scaffoldings are temporary structures that are usually erected at the construction sites to allow constructors to reach the high heights when erecting a new building or making repairs to some structures already in place. They are considered a safer option than ladders when workers have to get to very high heights. However, scaffolds can collapse leading to accidents for the workers or any other person passing by the site. If you happen to sustain scaffolding accident injuries, you have the right to seek compensation as long as it was not your fault. A good scaffold accident lawyer like the ones found at http://lawyer1.com/ can help in arguing out your case successfully.
Prevention of scaffold accidents
It is important that workers and employers have sufficient information on scaffold accidents so that they can avoid them as much as possible. Various things that can be done to prevent scaffold accidents include:
• Inspect the scaffolds: It is essential that workers inspect the scaffolds before using them and after every work shift to ensure they are safe and stable for use. If the scaffolds are worn out, then they should be replaced.
• Stick to the guidelines provided: Workers must observe all the guidelines provided on the use of scaffolds. These include the specifications for setting it up and the recommended load capacities among other guidelines. Putting the scaffolds into the right use will help prevent some of the accidents.
• Train workers: The workers who are to use or set up the scaffolds must obtain sufficient training on how to keep safe from these accidents. Notably, workers need training on how to safely climb and descend from the scaffolds, how to inspect them visually, how to use proper protection equipment to prevent falls as well as how to erect these structures safely.
Choosing a scaffold accident lawyer
When involved in a scaffolding accident, you need to be able to identify the best scaffolding construction lawyer for you to increase your chances of receiving compensation. You could consider engaging lawyers from http://lawyer1.com/. Some of the things to consider when choosing a scaffold attorney include:
- Experience: You must identify a lawyer who has experience in handling such cases since he or she will have the insight of making a successful claim. A lawyer who has been in operations for long understands the tricks of winning in such claims. Well, the lawyers at Hecht Kleeger & Damashek, P.C have been in operations long enough and have what it takes to make a successful claim.
- Reputation: You must also choose a lawyer who has a good reputation to ensure your case is in the right hands. You could consult with friends and relatives as well as check the reviews of the lawyer from his or her website to know the quality of services to expect.
- Communication skills: You will also need to engage a lawyer who has good communication skills since this will enable him or her to present the facts of the case in an understandable manner. You can get to learn whether the lawyer has these skills by carrying out some interview.